At 2discover we adopt two main methods of recruitment: Contingency and Selection
This method of recruitment predominately covers the junior to middle management markets.
As a result of extensive networking, advertising and innovative marketing, 2discover possess an impressive database of candidates which enables consultants to compile candidate shortlists in response to any clients individual needs.
Every candidate that registers with 2discover will be interviewed thoroughly by a qualified consultant. We ensure that all candidates are extensively screened and assessed and that we obtain a full understanding of their individual aptitudes and career requirements.
Upon registering a vacancy a search of our database is conducted, encompassing the specific requirements laid down by the client. From this database search a selection of candidates will be produced.
Candidates will be contacted immediately to ascertain their availability and interest and to elicit permission for their CV to be submitted. From this initial database search a further screened batch of candidates will be submitted to the client.
The dedicated Account Manager for each client will be responsible for co-ordinating all interviews, negotiations and closing.
This method of recruitment is commonly utilised when a client seeks a senior member of staff or someone with specialist skills existing in a small, niche market.
- On behalf of the client 2discover would run an advertising campaign in specific targeted media
- All advertisement response is screened and a short list is presented
- 2discover would at all times be responsible for the identification of individuals and will quantify and qualify the whole process at regular agreed intervals
- Shortlisted candidates are presented in a scheduled interview session
In order to maintain the highest level of service we strive to create and develop close long-term relationships, ensuring that we fully understand the environment of each individual client company and are therefore able to contribute proactively to each new recruitment request.
2discover will always present a dedicated account management team to manage each client’s recruitment requirements both on the permanent, temporary and contract side.
This team will be responsible for all day to day recruitment activity including servicing all active vacancies, co-ordinating interviews, offer negotiation and maintaining and developing relationships with human resources and line management personnel.
Our staff are divided into teams that service the specific skill sets required by our clients. These Internal Divisions allow consultants to become specialists in their chosen field of recruitment, which in turn benefits our clients.
We retain the flexibility if our client wishes to nominate a lead consultant who can become the visible point of contact, and will liaise internally with the appropriate consultant for each vacancy.
In addition, 2discover retain the services of an in-house trainer to deliver a range of modules specifically aimed at training consultants operating in a customer service driven environment.
Sourcing of Candidates
2discover has the ability to source candidates in all categories from junior office support and graduate entry level right through to senior management and director level.
2discover’s candidate database is continuously being updated through the following methods:
- 2discover Website
- Job board advertising
- Dedicated Recruitment Campaigns
- Overseas Strategic Alliances
- University and College talks
- Public Relations
- Direct Marketing
2discover will ensure that candidates meet the industry experience levels required by our client companies thus reducing the number of CVs submitted for a vacancy and increasing the speed of the recruitment process.
The depth of recruitment and/or industry experience of our consultants means that candidates are thoroughly assessed on their ability and personality fit for both the team recruited for and the organisation as a whole.
The following screening and/or testing procedures are in place:
- All candidates forwarded complete a thorough interview screening process. A trained Consultant would have completed this. All candidates will be informed prior to CV submission to the customer.
- A full employment history reference covering a 5-year period will be carried out on all those candidates available immediately. Where less than 5 years employment history, 2discover will obtain additional character references.
- Legal eligibility to work in Australia will be checked. All work permits for temporary workers will be checked for legitimacy, copies taken and retained on the candidates file. Copies of renewals will also be obtained.
- Candidate Assessment Centres and Competency Based Interviewing can also be provided as additional services and would only be carried out by our professionally trained Recruitment Specialists.
- Legitimacy of qualification certificates will be checked and copies retained on the candidates file.
- Upon registering a vacancy and detailed job description, a database search takes place to source the most suitable candidates.
Criteria looked at will include:
- Experience and therefore ability to carry out specific tasks as detailed
- Systems skills
- Professional Qualifications
- Academic record
- Current and desired remuneration
From this database search a selection of candidates will be produced and all candidates will have been interviewed in our offices
We will ensure that CV’s are submitted for each vacancy within 24 hours of receipt of the said vacancy
Candidates will be contacted immediately to ascertain their current availability, personality fit, accuracy of information on their Curriculum Vitae and willingness for their CV to be submitted.
A full job briefing will be given at this stage if appropriate. From the initial database search therefore a further screened batch of CV’s will be submitted. Interviews will be arranged and all feedback co-ordinated by the Account Manager.