If 2discover could guarantee to improve your chances of getting a job offer by at least 40%… would you take our advice and promise to use it?
It all starts with the interview. It’s preparation, execution and feedback. It would be impossible to try and show you how to improve your chances of getting an offer by at least 40% here on this web page but here are some hints and tips that will get you some of the way. For a full understanding, you will need to contact your Consultant at 2discover.
Preparation, make sure you have:
- The full address, telephone number, contact name and their job title, the directions to the company you are going to be interviewed at and have planned your journey and have plenty of time to get there. You should note all these down on a pad, which you should take along with you, along with a pen, of course! Your 2discover consultant will provide you with all this.
- The job content, where available and background information on the company. Your 2discover consultant will provide you with details of the company’s website where appropriate and any additional relevant information
- Understood the key components of the job and know what it is about you, you can sell at interview. Your 2discover consultant will help you with this.
- Prepared at least six questions you can ask. Why six? Just in case the interviewer covers some of the questions during the interview but undertake to ask at least two.
At the interview, make sure you:
- Look smart and presentable, as this is the first impression a potential employer will have of you.
- Provide a firm handshake at the start of the interview.
- Be ready to greet your interviewer, making good eye contact.
- Make at least one or two opportunities to take obvious and particular notes of something said during the interview.
- Be positive about your last employer.
- Be aware of your body language. Your 2discover consultant will help you with this.
- Always finish the interview on a positive note.
If you are interested in the position make sure to tell the interviewer you would be interested in taking things further. Ask how many other candidates are in contention, what and when is the next step?
Always thank the interviewer for their time.
Finally and importantly… be yourself!
After the interview
Speak to your consultant with feedback straight after the interview, preferably face to face.