Diversity and Equality Policy statement
2discover are committed to reflecting the diversity of the population in Australia. We are dedicated to developing and using the talents of our employees and our permanent and temporary candidates. Our actions and behavior must demonstrate and confirm our respect for each other and each other’s contributions.
We believe that our purpose and values will be best achieved if we recruit candidates, at all levels of responsibility, from the community that we serve and which influence our agency. By understanding, respecting and using these differences we recognise that we can maximise our success as a leading agency.
- Seek to ensure that people are treated equally regardless of their gender, race, color, ethnic or national origins, age, disability, socio-economic background, religious or political beliefs, sex, family responsibilities, sexual orientation.
- Expect that all workers and candidates to our business will be granted equal opportunity in all aspects of work. Recruitment and selection decisions are based solely on objective criteria ensuring that individuals are selected and treated on an equal basis. We will measure this against the 2004 Census from registration through to selection and placement.
- Encourage applications from under-represented groups by using plain and concise language in all advertising copy and ensuring wide spread advertising coverage via appropriate media publications and internet web sites.
- Tell all candidates, employees and service users about this policy and make sure that everyone understands their responsibilities. We will also provide training and guidance for all in house staff.
- Monitor and review our selection procedures regularly. We will change them if we think they discriminate against anyone.
- Take positive action to redress any imbalances, through advertising, recruitment and training.
- Encourage others to adopt this commitment.
As an organisation we believe in treating all people with respect and dignity. We strive to create and foster a supportive and understanding environment in which all individuals realise their maximum potential regardless of their differences. Managing diversity makes us more creative, flexible, productive and competitive.
2discover is an equal opportunities employer.